Sunday, June 15, 2008

May trip to U.S. - Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, NC

















<<This photo of Al and Natalie on the riverboat before the reception was taken by the wedding photographer. It's a great photo! :)

A few weeks ago, Arno and I made the transatlantic flight to the States once again, but not just for any occasion. My brother, Al, was set to marry his long-time love, Natalie, in Wilmington, North Carolina.

After a few days in VA spent recovering from jet lag (I still haven't mastered this), we embarked on a 7 hour journey southeast to the beautiful North Carolina coast.

All of the families stayed in beach houses on Wrightsville Beach for the week, which was really a grand ol' time. Not to mention, it was simply relaxing to be able to wake up each morning to see the waves and empty beaches. It gets me every time (and I know many of you can relate!)

Anyhow, the week ended with the big shabang - my brother's wedding. It was very, very sweet. I can't (well, I can) believe that my slightly younger brother is married before me! :)

Please enjoy the photos from the week. Unfortunately, the inside photos did not come out so well...thank goodness there will be photos from the photographer!

1. The guys' fishing trip (photos courtesy of Arno)

2. Photos from the rest of the week



In other travel news, Arno and I booked a trip to Central America in December - to combine with our visit to the States for Christmas!!! I am super excited. We'll start in Costa Rica and head up to Guatemala in the course of 3 weeks. :)

No comments: