Monday, August 15, 2005

09 August - 15 August 2005

So, this week begins my 3rd week in Europe and, I must say, it seems like it's been 3 months! I recently traveled to London to visit some good friends of mine and it was a really nice time.

Other recent highlights: bought nearly 5 pounds worth of mussels for a mere 5 euros; cooked them nicely in a tomato sauce; made mashed potatos from scratch; learned where the washer and dryer are located; tango and swing lessons in South Kensington; relaxed in Regent's Park; Frida Kahlo exhibit at the Tate Modern; and drinking some pints in a real pub, not Mackey's...

Photos include some of me and a couple friends, Regent's Park (my fav park in London), Trafalgar Square & Parliament, shot of the iconic Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam (above), and part of my outfit for a friend's "hoe down" party in London.




Photos with Philip and Nita



______________________________________________________________

Shots from Regent's Park

______________________________________________________________

Some touristy sights

__________________________________________________

The Frida wall in the Tate Modern near the cafe and I dedicate this photo to a certain someone, Frida's biggest fan ( you know who you are ;) )

__________________________________________________

You'd never believe it, but there is a shortage of country/redneck attire in London. All I could find was a cowboy hat and this piece of paper I wrote on saying, "I'd rather be huntin me some deer."

I should have some more photos from the party once my friend posts his. Stay tuned...

No comments: