Monday, January 07, 2008

I've been blog tagged....

I've been blog tagged and here are the rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. Or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.

So here's my list of 5. Since this is primarily a travel blog, I will list 5 places I want to see or see again:

1. India (the entire country)

2. The continent of Africa (all countries in general, and none in particular)

3. An island that nobody inhabits - I have been to a couple already, but I'd like to visit some more - located in any part of the world...

4. The open sea (or other body of water) while sailing - I absolutely love this. There is no comparison to being on the open water and feeling so free...except perhaps flying like a bird (hand gliding may then be comparable but also a bit more scary methinks!)

5. Latin America (again, all countries in general and none in particular)

So...I'm going to add a 6th -
Alaska!
_________________________________________

Ok...I'm also going to give in and provide some more personal information too! Here are 5 little known or weird facts about me:

1. I really like the smell of leather, especially old, worn leather...don't ask why.

2. I still sleep with the blanket my mom made for me when I was a baby. I am thinkin' that maybe I will give it to my children (split into pieces and sewn into another blanket(s) or simply keep it and request that I'm buried with it, lol.

3. I love listening and also dancing to Latin and Arabic music.

4. I already have several, very noticeable
gray hairs (so, Kate, I cannot agree with you although I don't plan on coloring my hair anytime soon! :) )

5. The number one question asked of me - whether in the U.S. or abroad in any given country - is "where are you from, I mean, originally, i.e., what is your heritage?" The most common assumptions are: one of the Mediterranean countries (such as Greece, Lebanon, Israel, Spain, etc.) and Arab countries (most commonly, Iran and Egypt). I have also gotten regions, like the Caucasus and the Balkans....hmmm? And these assumptions are commonly from those countries' nationals themselves or people that know the country/region well! lol. I never know whether I should take it as a compliment or an insult...


Rules, continued...
Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

Sorry - I only have 3 blogs!

http://www.chinalauren.blogspot.com/
http://zombiechronicles.blogspot.com/
http://screamsfromthepinkcollarghetto.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Steve said...

I get that last one, "Where is your family from?" all the time too no matter what country I am in. I've been everything from Mexican, Turkish, Canadian, Macedonian(!?!?), to a light colored Armenian.
To me I think it's kind of good to not be known as a "loud America" or something, but also sad b/c I never seem to quite fit into the surroundings, haha.

Anonymous said...

Where have you been hiding this blanket for all of these years? I swear that I have never seen it, so I am a bit surprised...does it stay under your pillow? Have I just forgotten? PS - I hope to travel with you again some day :) luv ya!