Wednesday, April 04, 2007

In Bizarre News...

...I ran over a cat (an alive one) with my bike. Yes, something which can only happen in a society where cycling is a way of life and not merely for recreation. I was cycling down this quiet neighborhood street behind Arno - we were almost to our apartment. Another man was cycling to my left. The cat ran under his bike tire first and then scrambled out only to run underneath mine. In the commotion, I noticed that I ran over several parts of the cat's body before it could escape. Yep, not your everyday warm encounter with domestic animals...needless to say, I was a little shaken up from witnessing that happen under my very own bike tire and the cat, although alive, will be in some pain for a little while methinks. Sorry little kitty!

No comments: